This weekend I went to a brunch at my co-resident’s house. I was so excited to spend time with everyone outside of work, but also a little nervous to see how brunch would go with the “gluten-free me.” I decided that if all else failed..I could have bacon and eggs, a classic breakfast that most people would enjoy. What I didn’t realize was that baking them into perfectly portioned “muffins” was something no one could resist!
These bacon and egg cups are super easy and other than some simple seasoning, require only 2 ingredients and a muffin tin, it doesn’t get better than that. Plus..doesn’t bacon make just about everything better anyway? In my book it does!
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 dozen eggs
- Herbs de Provence seasoning (or any herb season mix you have at home)
- Preheat oven @ 350
- 1. In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon on both sides until it is brown but not done (bacon should still appear fatty and pliable)
- 2. Coat muffin pan thoroughly with PAM or cooking spray
- 3. Cut 1" off the end of each bacon strip and place it on the base of each muffin holder, then wrap the larger strip of bacon around the inside of each muffin holder
- 4. Crack an egg into each muffin holder and top with salt/pepper and a dash of herb seasoning
- 5. Bake for 20 mins
- 6. Serve immediately
- Egg yolk will appear runny on the top but is more done on the inside of the cup so don't over cook. 20 mins should be perfect.
I will definitely be making this recipe again…it’s too easy..and delicious not too. Brunch anyone??