I have been on a mission of healthy eating, even when it comes to sweets. Ever since I cut out gluten, I realized that there are also other areas that I can improve my diet. At first, I was a little sad that my baking would never be the same again, since I can’t have flour, but honestly I think it has been a blessing in many ways. Not only do I feel better, but I am creating wholesome recipes that I love and can share with others to help them eat healthy foods that are satisfying and delicious. I realize that many people who follow my blog and love my recipes, are probably striving to maintain a healthy weight and a lifestyle that has flexibility built into their daily nutrition.
If you are anything like me…I can’t live off of hard-boiled eggs and grilled chicken. I need a little sweetness every day to satisfy my sweet tooth. Today, I made delicious and nutritious cherry energy bites. Not only are these bites the perfect size for packing on-the-go, but they also pack a powerful punch of nutrients. These cherry bites have the perfect balance of sweetness to satisfy your craving while providing your body with sustainable energy.
Cherry Energy Bites
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup of almond meal/flour
2 Tbsp natural peanut butter
2 Tbsp raw honey
1.5 Tbsp coconut oil
2-3 Tbsp flax seeds
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/8 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup baked cherries (halved)
1. Remove seeds from cherries, place on a baking sheet/stone and bake at 350 for 10 mins
2. Place almond meal and rolled oats in food processor and mix until the oats are finely processed.
3. Add peanut butter, honey, coconut oil and mix until a sticky dough forms
4. Once the dough is formed add the flax seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut and chocolate chips and fold in with a rubber spatula
5. Remove the cherries from the oven and fold into the dough
6. With a small cookie scoop roll dough into balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet
7. Place in the freezer or refrigerator for at least 30 mins...or until ready to eat
The Prepped Chef http://www.thepreppedchef.com/
These bites are quick and easy to make, and will stay fresh in the refrigerator for 7 days or can be stored in the freezer in an air-tight container. But…don’t worry, they will be gone before you know it. Make these cherry bites for the perfect snack that will not disappoint.
This entry was posted in Snacks/Dips
. Bookmark the permalink