So last week I told you about my newest snack obsession…the roasted chickpeas. Now, I will share with you my latest breakfast craze!
Overnight oats are perfect for week day, rushing out the door, on-the-go breakfasts. I love them for many reasons: They can be prepared on Sunday night, and are ready for your entire week of breakfast, they are healthy and packed with nutritional benefits, they keep you full and energized all morning, and they are delicious! I have experimented with variations of this recipe, and all of them are equally tasty.
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1.5-2 cup of almond milk/soy milk or regular milk
- 1/8 cup of chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp of flax seeds
- 1 banana (smashed into oats) (If you prefer another sweetener 2 Tbsp of honey or brown sugar can substitute for the banana or in addition to)
- 1. In a tupperware container (something with a lid), place all ingredients (except banana) and mix together
- 2. Add banana (if using) smashing it into the oat mixture. If you decide to use another sweetener, now is the time to add the honey or brown sugar and combine.
- 3. Place in the refrigerator and it will be ready for breakfast the following morning.
- 4. Serve 1/2 cup of oat mixture and top with your favorite berries, nuts or raisins.
- So many options, and you can mess it up. You really don't even need a recipe, you can add as much or little chia and flax seeds as you like. Try your favorite toppings and enjoy it every way possible!