I have had this recipe in my stash for several months now…but I never seem to get it on my blog before I have eaten all of the cookies! I will admit…I was super skeptical, chickpeas in cookies? I was certain that this healthy version of chocolate chip cookies wouldn’t go over well with my non-gluten free, refined sugar free friends..but I was wrong! I have made this recipe a few times now, altering it each time to try different variations, and each time, it’s a huge hit! So now…it’s time to share the delicious, super easy and healthy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe, MADE FROM CHICKPEAS!
I posted a similar recipe a few months back, the chickpea peanut butter coconut bars are one of the variations I tried from this cookie recipe…and although I liked them…I have a special place in my heart for cookies. Something about having all the flavors compacted into two little bites, that makes a cookie so satisfying.
- 1 can of chickpeas strained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes (I used sweetened but unsweetened would be great too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven 350
- 2. Place all ingredients in food processor except for the chocolate chips
- 3. Blend into a dough (the dough will be very sticky)
- 4. Fold in chocolate chips
- 5. With a cookie scoop or Tbsp roll cookie dough into 1" balls
- 6. Place cookie balls onto parchment paper lined baking sheet
- 7. Slight press down on the balls to flatten them out, they will not spread or flatten while baking so make them the desired size and thickness prior to baking
- 8. Bake for 10-12 mins
If you have a sweet tooth like me, but don’t want to totally blow your healthy lifestyle, this is the perfect treat for you. Gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free never tasted so good. Happy Healthy Baking!